Northern Lights Evening Cruise
- Northern Lights guarantee (or try again for free)
- 2 hour cruise from Reykjavik
- Excellent live guidance
- Use of warm overalls
- Free WiFi onboard
- Assistance with photography
- Tour start time::9:00pm or 10:00pm (depending on what month you book)
- Duration:1,5-2,5 hours approx.
- Availability:From 1. Sept – April 15th
- What do I need to bring?:Sturdy footwear + Warm clothing (thermals, hat, scarf and gloves)
- Meeting Point:Please stop by the Elding office in the Old Harbour no later than 15 min. prior to tour departure to collect your tickets. Elding ticket office: AEgisgardur 5, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Search for Aurora Borealis away from the city lights, on this thrilling winter cruise. Northern Lights can only be seen under dark, clear skies. You can find these conditions from September until the end of April in Reykjavík.
The guide explained at the beginning of the tour that many factors need to align in order to actually capture the Northern lights! So we had been preparing our expectations accordingly. The activity on the lights was forecasted to be only for the evening 4/9, but as the boat took off further from the harbour the lights lights became stronger and stronger. They felt so close as if we were surrounded by them, bright green and pink. A fantastic experience and one I'd definitely recommend!
We got very lucky on this trip and saw a lot of activity! Our guide Meghan did an amazing job and really got the crowd going. She spoke about the folklore of the lights and how they occur which was helpful. The boat also has jumpsuits you can wear over your coat (free of charge) which really helped me stay warm.
Seeing the Northern Lights was amazing, they started to appear approx 10 mins after we left Reykjavik harbour and were with us for almost the whole trip. Staff were really helpful in directing us to the best spot to see them and taking photos/helping us to get good photos. I have also been sent pictures that the staff took which was very kind of them and much appreciated.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is your question not listed above?