zz Geldingardalur Volcano Hike from Reykjavik
- Get up close and personal with an active volcano. A truly once in a lifetime experience.
- Small group tour / personal experience
- Pick up and drop off in Reykjavik included
- Duration:6 hours. Return to Reykjavik 3:00pm (Full Day of Fun!)
- Difficulty:Moderate (3 hours total hiking)
- Bring with you:Good walking or hiking shoes, Warm clothing (Hat, gloves, puffy jacket), Water and small snack.
- Pick up:Arrives between 8.30-9:00 in downtown Reykjavik. Choose your hotel/pick up spot when booking tour.
Have you ever wondered how it feels to be near a volcano, gazing down on the pouring hot lava? Well now is your chance! Volcanic eruptions are extremely rare and once in a lifetime events. This tour will take you on a guided hike to the Fagradalsfjall active volcano.
Why I think you'll LOVE this volcano tour adveture!
We have an active Volcano in Iceland RIGHT NOW!
This is one of the most fascinating, unique and beautiful natural phenomenons that you'll ever come across. We don't know if the volcano will be active for a few more months or years but we do know that If you're visiting Iceland in 2021 then you need to see and experience this truly once in a lifetime event.
Pack your warm clothes, get your camera ready and get excited for your incredible volcano adventure ahead!
Tour bus was comfortable, and Tom, our guide, was top-notch. Knowledgeable, engaging, and had great flexibility/awareness about what the group wanted to do. We even made a stop to look at another geothermal area on our way home. A wonderful experience through and through, would do again.
Wanting to be guided safely and professionally to see the volcano. Our guide picked up each party at their hotels, drove us to the staring point, accompanied us all - of differing abilities - and returned us safely back to his Mercedes touring van. He gave us his cellphone number and instructions when to call, such as being separated. My wife and I did not make it all the way to the top of the hike, but we were not expecting to, and were overjoyed to see the lava flow in the Natthagi valley. That portion of the trip was an easy and flat. An unexpected thrill was seeing the many varieties of alpine wildflowers along the trail, juxtaposed with lava flows.
Once in a lifetime time experience. Everything was well organised and our guide was very friendly. I highly recommend it!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is your question not listed above?