Volcano Tour Iceland Small Group
- Get up close and personal with an active volcano. A truly once in a lifetime experience.
- Small group tour / personal experience
- Pick up and drop off in Reykjavik included
- Fun photos of your tour sent to you afterwards
- Duration:6 hours. Return to Reykjavik 3:00pm (Full Day of Fun!)
- Difficulty:Moderate (3 hours total hiking)
- Bring with you:Good walking or hiking shoes, Warm clothing (Hat, gloves, puffy jacket), Water and small snack.
- Pick up:Arrives between 8.30-9:00 in downtown Reykjavik. Choose your hotel/pick up spot when booking tour.
Have you ever wondered how it feels to be near a volcano, gazing down on the pouring hot lava? Well now is your chance! Volcanic eruptions are extremely rare and once in a lifetime events. This tour will take you on a guided hike to the Fagradalsfjall active volcano.
Why I think you'll LOVE this volcano tour adveture!
We have an active Volcano in Iceland RIGHT NOW!
This is one of the most fascinating, unique and beautiful natural phenomenons that you'll ever come across. We don't know if the volcano will be active for a few more months or years but we do know that If you're visiting Iceland in 2021 then you need to see and experience this truly once in a lifetime event.
Pack your warm clothes, get your camera ready and get excited for your incredible volcano adventure ahead!
Frequently Asked Questions
If there are any changes to your trip to Iceland, it's always possible to either put your booking on hold (bookings never expire) or reschedule to your new travel dates. We also offer full refunds if you cancel your booking with more than 24 hours prior to your tour :) All bookings cancelled within 24 hours of the tour departure are not refundable.
We'll need to hike approx. 1.5 hours to get to the volcano. Since Iceland can get chilly, we recommend bringing warm clothing (hat, gloves, puffy jacket), good walking/hiking shoes along with water and small snack. If you don't bring a snack then it will be possible to make a stop to purchase refreshments.
We recommend bringing water and a light snack with you to the tour. It's also possible for us to make a stop to buy refreshments on the way :)
To ensure a personal and fun small group experience, the group size on this tour never exceeds 15 people and is very often quite less!
Yes, you can brag to your friends in real time on Instagram with the free WiFi included in all vehicles!
The hike to get to the volcano isn't too difficult but it takes approx. 1,5 hours to get to the volcano + 1,5 hours to get back to the vehicle. The hike isn't fast paces and is actually quite fun!
Is your question not listed above?