BEST HORSE RIDING TOUR IN ICELAND
- Meet, learn about and ride the beautiful Icelandic horses
- Experience scenic lava landscapes, pseudo craters and mountain views
- Enjoy complimentary coffee, tea and hot chocolate after the tour
- Trained guides who speak multiple languages (English, Scandinavian and German).
- The stables/meeting location is a short 20-minute drive from Reykjavik’s city center. Possible to add pick up and drop off
- Duration:1,5-2 hours on horseback. With transfer, introduction, preparation total time is 4 hours.
- Availability:Daily at 10:00 and 14:00
- Pick up:From hotels within Reykjavik. Pick up arrives 60 minutes before tour departure, see more info in FAQ below!
- Riding skill:Easy. This tour is perfect for both beginners as well as more experienced riders.
- Age limit:8 years age limit. Children 14 years or older need written parental permission to ride alone.
Are you ready to make new furry friends? Meet the beautiful Icelandic horses (ponies) and enjoy a scenic horse back riding tour in the Icelandic nature. Only 20 minutes from down town Reykjavik you can experience the best of the Icelandic horse & our untouched nature at the same time.
We took the lava field trail ride with pick up in Reykjavik. Pick up was easy (as it was for all tours we did- Reykjavik and the tour companies have it down to a science!). Helmets were provided. Winter gear was available if you weren't dressed warmly enough. We were divided into 'beginner' and 'advanced' to put us on the right level of (cooperative) pony. The ponies were very easy to handle and we were given a choice whether we wanted to go fast (tolt pace) or slow (we went fast). Icelandic ponies and saddles are a heck of a lot more comfortable than US Western or English riding and horses! Beautiful scenery and a nice opportunity to experience the Icelandic pony!
Only me and my partner attended, we had a lovely chat with the guide, both our horses Ást and Stármur were incredible friendly, while Stármur liked to veer left a bit he was very cooperative at getting back in line, it was incredibly cold but we were well wrapped up and we’re offered more layers, the walk was nice and long and the staff were kind enough to let us say bye to the horses during their feeding time after we finished
Highly recommend ! No matter the time of year! We went in the winter so it was cold but we wore heated vests and snow suits and we were fine! Molly was our guide on this amazing horse back riding adventure! She was knowledgeable and taught us all the things we needed to know to have a fun ride! Our horses were well mannered and sweet. We loved everything about it!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is your question not listed above?